[Beignet] Must

Gao, Sanshan gss at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Tue Apr 28 23:43:05 PDT 2015

> > When I run any OpenCL programs, I need root privilege
> You shouldn't; you may have accidentally built beignet without X support.  Run
>
> sudo apt-get install cmake pkg-config python ocl-icd-dev ocl-icd-opencl-dev libdrm-dev libxfixes-dev libxext-dev llvm-3.5-dev clang-3.5 libclang-3.5-dev libtinfo-dev libedit-dev zlib1g-dev
>
> then recompile beignet.

After running above command and recompiling, root privilege is still necessary. Otherwise, I get the hints below.

gss at Intel-GIGA1:~/files/beignet/build/utests$ . setenv.sh
gss at Intel-GIGA1:~/files/beignet/build/utests$ ./utest_run
Device open failed, aborting...
platform number 1
platform_profile "FULL_PROFILE"
platform_name "Intel Gen OCL Driver"
platform_vendor "Intel"
platform_version "OpenCL 1.2 beignet 1.1 (git-dc22a04)"
platform_extensions "cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_spir cl_khr_icd"
Device open failed, aborting...
cl_get_gt_device(): error, unknown device: ffffffff
error calling clGetDeviceIDs
Failed to initialize cl device.

summary:
  total: 731
  run: 0
  pass: 0
  fail: 0

But as root, everything is OK. The only difference from instructions on Beignet homepage, when compile, is change ">make install" to ">sudo make install", otherwise, permission is denied to copy files to specified directory.