[cairo] YUV / RGB images

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Tue Jul 28 02:38:48 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 11:11 +0200, Thomas Andrews wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of writing a camera device driver for a Baumer
> camera. I need advice about what image format(s) best suit Cairo, as the
> rest of the project will most likely use Cairo to display and manipulate
> the images from the camera. (Stills and video.)

I just want to check that you are going to be using the right tool for
the job here... Cairo is primarily for producing vector drawings and
compositing those on to surfaces. If you need to process a stream of
binary data and generate stills/videos (perhaps with Cairo overlays)
then you should first look at GStreamer.
-ickle