[Clipart] Roadmap

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.com
Fri Jun 25 11:13:55 PDT 2004

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Jon Phillips wrote:
> > If you think the roadmap should be edited, then please massage and move
> > things around. My personal goal is to make it obvious what we are
> > working on. I strongly think for this project we need to have TIME-BASED
> > releases of the art and system, as this project is not so much
> > feature-dependent, as submission dependent. Magazines are monthly for a
> > reason. If they surged with interest, then there would be periods of
> > overload and periods of dryness.
>
> i agree with time based releases.
> 0.03 was released on 12 June, 0.04 is planned around 27 June, so we aim
> to release at about every two weeks?

No, monthly is good, but I figured here at the start, a couple shorter
release cycles would be preferable, so we can get into the habit.  Also,
the tools are more of the gating factor than getting content, so I
figured I'd focus on developing them, and as they come online, we'll be
able to make bigger releases just with the content onhand.  Longer term,
though, once we've got things a bit more systematized, a monthly release
cycle would probably be about right.

I'm thinking maybe 2 weeks for this release (Jun 27), then 3 for the
following (mid-July), then 3 or 4 weeks for the next, depending on how
things go, and monthly thereafter.  I'm open to better ideas though.