[Clipart] upload_svg.cgi and shell.php

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Wed Sep 22 22:38:59 PDT 2004

Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> This is for performance reasons.  OpenClipart::Web caches shell.php
> because loading it every time was slowing down page loads by more than
> an order of magnitude.

i understand your reasoning, but look at the following scenario (this
indeed happened to me):
- upload a SVG file using the front page;
- a second page is displayed, asking me for additional info because the
previous form has not figured the file type;
- select SVG and press 'Send file';
- the page say my file was uploaded successfully;
- i look at the 'Incoming' box to verify this: my file is not shown
there! panic! uploader does or does not work?
- click on logo, in order to access frontpage, to also check 'Incoming'
from there;
- 404 error is shown, because the link is wrong;
- type the correct URL, see the page and the upload in 'Incoming';
- complain.

--
nicu