[Clipart] upload_svg.cgi and shell.php

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sat Sep 25 14:39:30 PDT 2004

Jonathan Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> Another thing, can these files then be dynamically loaded onto the
> screenshots page? That would be brilliant...

I have the beginnings of a solution for this:
http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/view_screenshots.cgi

However, the style doesn't seem to be getting applied right somehow.
Not sure why.  The XHTML validates, and the base.css stylesheet is
linked in (I checked the source).  I'll look at this some more, but
another pair of eyes looking at it wouldn't hurt.

> Also, can the cached copy of shell.php at least be checked to see if
> their was a modified file time between the cached copy and the real
> file?

How about this compromise:  the magic query string UpdateCache will
cause it to update the cache, and upload_svg.cgi now passes this query
string in the form action, so that when you upload a submission, the
cache is updated.

This is rather more often than we really ought to be taking that
performance hit, however.  It's better than just doing it every time
(because, when the script is just printing the blank form the perf hit
is avoided), but it's a long way from ideal.

OTOH, other scripts such as upload_screenshot.cgi and
view_screenshot.cgi will still get the full benefit of the cache.