[Clipart] Problems with the website during/after submission

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Wed Jan 5 06:58:47 PST 2005

Felix Rabe <xitnalta at web.de> writes:

> - I cannot use the submit field above "News" without getting a big
> fat red error message.  (Possible solution is to replace that
> message with a friendlier one telling submitters that you're glad
> they like to submit their work, but that they are now in a next step
> where they need to give more details in the elaborate form that
> follows.)

I've checked into CVS a version of upload_svg.cgi that gives a
somewhat friendlier error message to users coming from the front page
(or, for that matter, anyone who neglects to specify the filetype).
It also softens a bit the wording on the main error message.

It's not live on the site yet, until someone runs the publish script,
so if anyone wants to check over the wording on the messages, this
would be a good time.  The message you get if you don't specify the
filetype is on lines 122-130, and the message you get otherwise is on
lines 136-140.

I did run a basic test to catch syntax errors and the like on my home
system.