OpenClipart.org Motto [was Re: [Clipart] Introduction to the Open Clip Art Library]

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Fri Jul 1 17:58:31 PDT 2005

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 09:02:45 +0300
> From: Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com>
> To: clipart-list <clipart at lists.freedesktop.org>
> Subject: Re: OpenClipart.org Motto [was Re: [Clipart] Introduction to the
>     Open Clip Art Library]
>
> Alan Horkan wrote:
> >
> > OpenClipart.org "Drawn Together"
> >
> > It is a catchy pun and sickly sweet but Comedy Central might sue and the
> > joke will probably get old fast.
>
> The target of the joke is people who watch Comedy Central -> i.e. live
> in certain parts of the world (assuming I understood correct the
> references I saw about it on various blogs and Comedy Central is a TV
> station)

I only saw the show because MTV also broadcast it.  It is an animated
parody of reality television programmes such as the Real World.  (So to
completely kill any humour left I'll explain futher how the characters are
both drawn and also drawn together by being stuck in a house.)

I wouldn't mind using it so long as people didn't think it was our one and
only slogan for all time, etched in stone never to be changed.

I'm having difficulty coming up with a better a way to express the
sentiments of creative collaboration summed up so nicely by "Drawn
Together".

- Alan