[Clipart] Screenshot uploaded: a creature i thought of and then drew

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sun Jul 17 18:47:07 PDT 2005

Alan Horkan <horkana at maths.tcd.ie> writes:

> An interesting pencil sketch of some kind of monster but not exactly
> what we intended for the screenshots section.

Indeed.

> The form only inlcudes a button to "Approve and Publish" but no
> button to Decline.

To decline, just do nothing.  If nobody approves it, it is not
published (except on that preview page) but just languishes in the
temp directory (which AFAIK is not publically accessible on the web)
and presumably eventually gets cleaned out when somebody notices that
there's too much old junk in the temp directory.

> If someone could modify the screenshots page
> http://openclipart.org/cgi-bin/upload_screenshot.cgi
> to include something like this first
>
> o We are always interested in seeing screenshots of the Open Clip
> Art Library being put to use.

I've tightened up the wording the other day, after that one was
submitted.  Previously it said "screenshots should", now it says
"screenshots must" and has strong emphasis (which most browsers render
as boldface type).  If this continues to happen, we also could switch
the order around so that it's the first bullet point.

> Screenshots of your own original artwork is interesting but not what
> we are looking for and other websites may be more appropriate.

I was trying not to be too verbose.

> [Possibly with a link to Deviant Art or a section of our
> website/wiki listing alternative projects]

Now, linking to Deviant Art is an interesting possibility.  Hmmm...

> While I am at it could someone please remove either
> http://openclipart.org/screenshots/screenshot_119.png
> http://openclipart.org/screenshots/screenshot_118.png

Yes, that does seem redundant...  I rejected one of them.