[Clipart] Why doesn't the search ever work for me?

Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form noreply at openclipart.org
Sat May 27 13:14:39 PDT 2006

Name: Noel O'Boyle
E-mail: no228 at cam.ac.uk

openclipart.org is a really nice idea and site and everything, but I
recommend you educate your users (i.e. me) or improve your website a
bit. Everytime I try to get a picture from here, I get a file not
found error.

For example, I want to create a logo for my program, which uses
Python. Fine, I'll get it from opencipart.org:
(1) Go to clip art search by keyword BETA and type "python", followed
by Search.
(2) Up come 4 .svg files (not their images though, although I'm using
Firefox 1.5 and it couldn't hurt to much to make a .png thumbnail)
(3) I click on the first 'hit': computer/python logo osvaldo sant
01.svg and I get...
Not Found

The requested URL /clipart/computer/python_logo_osvaldo_sant_01.svg
was not found on this server.
Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux) Server at openclipart.org Port 80

What's the story? I've always had this problem and always thought
that it was maybe a temporary problem, but this file, I'm passing
this on to you. (Yeah, I know, I've just seen the "Report Problem"
link, but I hope this can get to the right people in any case).

Regards, and keep up the good work, (maybe add a bit more metadata
though)

Noel.

P.S. I like the human1ty thing, although it makes me feel like I am a
member of the last group of humans left alive after the computers
turned on us.