[Clipart] Clipart contains copyrighted images

Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form noreply at openclipart.org
Mon May 29 05:30:24 PDT 2006

Name: Brianna
E-mail: Brianna.Laugher at gmail.com

Hello,

I regretfully noticed that your clipart includes some copyrighted
images, such as the Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
flags:
http://openclipart.org/clipart/signs_and_symbols/flags/oceania/australia/australia_aboriginies.svg
http://openclipart.org/clipart/signs_and_symbols/flags/oceania/australia/australia_torres_streight_islanders.svg

I'm an editor on Wikipedia and we went through some hell to try and
find some reason these flags were public domain... but they're simply
not.

Good luck weeding out similar stuff. I guess with SVG only it
shouldn't be too bad, but I know from editing at the Commons
(http://commons.wikimedia.org/ ) that trying to stop people from
uploading copyvios is a total nightmare!

cheers.