[Clipart] tag you're it (fwd)

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Thu Sep 7 23:02:38 PDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 07:07:25PM +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 01:43:42AM -0600, Michael Moore wrote:
> > As an example, imagine if a clipart of a camera came up.  The person
> > knows that it's a Kodak 4321, since she owns the exact model.  But she
> > simply types in "camera" as a keyword because she suspects no one else
> > in the game will know its model.  But then after the game she'd like to
> > add that model name as a keyword.
>
> When screenshots of celebrities come up it is far easier to match
> man/woman/person than to actually hope the other player knows who the
> actor or character actually is.

Perhaps the feedback loop they need is to make the points earned
inversely proportional to the commonality of the keyword.  I.e., if you
and your partner agreed on keyword no one else has yet proposed, like
maybe "Diane Lane", you'd get VERYBIG/1 points, but if you matched on
"woman", then you'd get VERYBIG/VERYBIG points.  This way, just getting
one good keyword match for one image in the 90 sec would be worth as
much or more as getting a whole bunch of poor matches for a whole bunch
of images.