[Clipart] timeout?

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Thu Feb 8 07:27:50 PST 2007

momo wrote:

> I'm having the same problem for the very beginning of CCHOST.
> The behaviour is quite strange: the upload of SVG files bigger than
> approx. 120Kb almost never ends with a successful upload message. It
> just stucks at the uploading page in 80% of the cases. But in some of
> theses cases the SVG file is successfully uploaded if I let the upload
> page stuck for a few minutes though...
> Another scenario that happens in about 15% of the cases, is the blank
> page described bu Nicu. In these cases, the SVG is NEVER uploaded
> successfully...
> In a small 5% of the cases the upload is successfull, and the "SVG file
> uploaded" message appears.

I *think* I had a similar problem months ago, Rejon increased a timeout
limit and it was temporarily solved. But it was long ago so my memory is
fuzzy.

BTW, ccHost allowed me today to upload even a 166KB file, but the other
two seems to be too large.

> Now the most bizarre of all this is that I'm having this problem ONLY
> with SVG files. For example today, I ulpoaded 23 PNGs which average size
> was about 2.5 Mb and the upload was smooth and bugless...

Indeed, it looks like the error does not occur at upload but at some
processing of the file.

> May this be something related to postprocessing of the SVG files? What's
> done to these files when they are uploaded (apart of the renaming). And
> where are they stocked? On an FTP server? Or directly in MySQL (or
> whathever the used database is...)?

The files are uploaded using HTTP and stored on the disk, MySQL is used
for names and keywords.

In fact, the uploaded files before processing are in the root directory
of "people": http://www.openclipart.org/people/

My two failed uploads are:
http://www.openclipart.org/people/cch_nicubunu_8c8f4.svg
http://www.openclipart.org/people/cch_nicubunu_be0c0f5.svg

and there are a lot other, including from you, like
http://www.openclipart.org/people/cch_molumen_b13bec29.svg or
http://www.openclipart.org/people/cch_molumen_21.svg

--
nicu