[Clipart] made a first start on an OCAL Admin manual

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Jun 23 23:17:39 PDT 2010

First off, this would be a great time to take these ideas after
they've been discussed or during, and add them to the blueprints on
the launchpad. What do you guys think about this? Our wiki roadmap is
kind of big scale, but great to find a great way to concretize these
and figure out how to get them done...

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 7:19 PM, chovynz <chovynz at gmail.com> wrote:
> To get the ball rolling, I would like to see something like this come into
> place.
>
> 1.) For any clipart that is tagged with "pd_issue", "copyright_violation",
> "potential copyright violation" a box would appear on the clipart detail.
> I'm imagining two scenarios with these tags. Either the warning box appears
> in a fixed position relative to the screen, so that you cannot escape but to
> notice it. I.e. it stayes on screen no matter where you scroll.

That is great.

> The second scenario is to fit the box inside the website page container (as
> you see in the picture.) This would stay relative to the page itself, so it
> would be possible to scroll down and not see the warning box. However we can
> then place a "NonPD" Icon next to the download button, so that it is clearly
> seen when you come to download.
>
> A smaller version of the NonPD icon could appear on the gallery list, if the
> clipart in question has one of the above tags.
>
> What do you guys think about this?

Cool. But ideally, we don't want these to show to anyone publicly.
This could be internal more...I'm more interested in a whole list view
of the problematic images and having a way to click, "Hi Author, if
you don't respond in 24 hours, then this file is automatically going
to be deleted as a violated clipart. Its now hidden, tomorrow
deleted."

> 2.) For clipart that is hidden, I think some visual indicator on the clipart
> detail page is needed. And we could re-use the old OCAL eye on the gallery
> page too. Ideally hidden cliparts would not be visible to anonymous users -
> even if you have the direct link. They should only be visible to Librarians
> and the Uploader.
>
> In case the attachments are stripped, you can see the proposal's here.
> http://www.openclipart.org/wiki/Development_for_copyright_violation

Good idea.

<snip />

http://rejon.org/