[colord] New committing guidelines

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon May 13 03:23:17 PDT 2013

Hi all,

As I previously posted, we just released 1.0.0. That makes it the
first release where we're maintaining multiple branches. The general
rules are thus:

* If a patch is 'obviously correct' just commit to master without asking
* If a patch is small, self contained and fixes an actual bug with the
stable release, please cherry-pick into the colord-1-0 branch as well

If you break master, no problem, I'll grab you on IRC or fix things up
myself. The colord-1-0 branch is designed for RHEL and SLED so if you
break this expect an email or the patch to be reverted.

If unsure about anything, grab me on IRC or send the mailing list an
email. If you need git commit and haven't yet got it, just send me an
email with your github username.

Thanks,

Richard.