[compiz] more cubes and 3d metaphoric objects...

Kalle Kärkkäinen kalle.karkkainen at intstream.fi
Fri Jun 9 01:55:32 PDT 2006

Stephen Moore wrote:
> So i thought, why not have special cubes (as well as the original cube
> of course) and these special cubes, instead of cubes, be 3d metaphric
> objects for specific tasks
Yeah, I see the value in this. Probably I'd like to see 4 of these, and
movement to them with <control> up. <control>down is really nice as the
unfold, so there'd be by default only the movement up.

I would not like to have them floating around, but having them fixed,
like 4 cubes with configurable amount of sides.. That's nice.

There is a problem with backgrounds though. There should be possibility
to have different background on those cubes, so that it'd be easy to
tell them apart. And it'd be wicked to be able to run e17 on one, and
gnome on the other... But that's probably asking a bit much.

--
Kalle Kärkkäinen