[compiz] Patchs criterias

Quinn Storm livinglatexkali at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 23:04:36 PDT 2006

I've wanted to avoid an "official fork" as long as possible, feeling
that it could in the end work against everyone's best interest, but
this all depends on the upstream (freedesktop.org/novell) developers.
I realize their goals probably differ somewhat from mine / those of us
who work through compiz.net, which has lead to the divergence.  If it
comes down to it though, in the spirit of the GPL, I am not against
managing my tree as a semi-fork (I'd still sync with updates from
freedesktop cvs of course, as davidr and friends often commit important
updates)  Also, I want to point out, another potential issue with the
current freedesktop codebase is that (and this is NOT something I know
for sure) the novell team MIGHT want to keep it dual-licensed, and not
everyone wants to submit to something under those terms. (I myself am a
GPL gal, but am somewhat flexible if it is necessary)

Anyhow, those are my incoherent ramblings.