[compiz] Plugins

moppsy moppsy at comcast.net
Sun Oct 8 21:19:04 PDT 2006

Here are a few plugins I wrote.

The put plugins gives you bindings to move windows around.
I set it up so the numeric keypad is like the area of the screen.
So <Super>KP_Home will move the window to the top left, etc ...
It also does viewport moves which is handy when used with the plane
plugin.  I like the plane plugin in a 3x3 matrix matching the keypad, so
with the keypad and some modifier keys I can move the viewport or
the active window to another viewport layed out like the keypad.
I find this to be an intuitive way to work.

http://home.comcast.net/~moppsy/compiz/put.c
http://home.comcast.net/~moppsy/compiz/put.schemas
http://home.comcast.net/~moppsy/compiz/Makefile.put

The neg plugin makes stuff negative.
This is a bit of a hack, the code is borrowed from paint.c and adjusted
to draw the window texture negative.  I tried real hard to find a way to
have this work without effecting other code, but I am afraid I just
don't know how to do it.  One solution that was found, not by me, was to add a
new flag to decorations drawWindowTexture call, and compiz.h for that
matter.  With that, this plugin works OK, but still not that great.

http://home.comcast.net/~moppsy/compiz/compiz-paint-decor-flag.patch
http://home.comcast.net/~moppsy/compiz/neg.c
http://home.comcast.net/~moppsy/compiz/neg.schemas
http://home.comcast.net/~moppsy/compiz/Makefile.neg

The BS plugin gives you bindings for adjusting a windows brightness and
saturation.  It is not particularly useful, but some seem to like it.

http://home.comcast.net/~moppsy/compiz/bs.c
http://home.comcast.net/~moppsy/compiz/bs.schemas
http://home.comcast.net/~moppsy/compiz/Makefile.bs

The border plugin allows you to assign a binding to toggle the window
frame on and off.  This was my first plugin and it is one I use a lot.

http://home.comcast.net/~moppsy/compiz/border.c
http://home.comcast.net/~moppsy/compiz/border.schemas
http://home.comcast.net/~moppsy/compiz/Makefile.border

I have been reluctant to post these here because of my amateurishness,
but I figured what the hell.

I would be particularly interested in any thoughts or suggestions.

Enjoy or discard, but please let me know what you think.