[compiz] AIGLX + r300 + compiz?

Adam K Kirchhoff adamk at voicenet.com
Tue Oct 10 10:48:19 PDT 2006

So I've spent the last few days getting Xorg pulled from freedesktop git
and built.  Everything seems to have worked, and I now have Xorg version
7.1.99.2 running, composite enabled, and AIGLX enabled.  The Xorg log
file shows:

(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x23
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x24
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x25
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x26
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x27
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x28
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x29
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2a
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2b
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2c
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2d
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2e
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x2f
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x30
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x31
(WW) AIGLX: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x32
(II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized /opt/xorg/lib/dri/r300_dri.so

xdpyinfo shows the composite extension, and glxinfo shows
GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap under both server and client glx
extensions.

I then proceeded to download compiz from freedesktop git this afternoon.
I got it to build and have it installed.  I launch compiz with:

$ LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=true compiz  --indirect-rendering --replace

All the windows seem to lock in their locations.  The mouse moves, but I
have to ssh in and kill compiz.  At that point, the terminal I launched
it from updates and shows:

compiz: pixmap 0x1800090 can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x3600012 to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x1800090 can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x3600012 to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x1800090 can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x3600012 to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x1800090 can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x3600012 to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x1800090 can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x3600012 to texture
compiz: pixmap 0x1800090 can't be bound to texture
compiz: Couldn't bind redirected window 0x3600012 to texture

Of course, the pixmap and window values change.

The closest thing I can find in google has to do with using the nVidia
drivers running Xgl at 32 bpp, instead of 24.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

--
Adam K Kirchhoff
Digital Color Image