[compiz] Re: Discussion about Compiz and working togeher

Quinn Storm livinglatexkali at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 15:07:12 PDT 2006

This is of course just my opinion, but I believe that when leading a
project where you want community support it works far better to reach
out to the community rather than making them reach out to you.  Also it
helps to be open about your reasons for doing things and willing to
discuss.

In general, it at least 'feels' as though development is rather closed,
with any possibility of getting code into the main source tree being at
best a procedural headache.  This may not be the case or what you are
trying for, but it is how it feels from here, and why, in part, I think
the community has done what it's done.

I understand you are busy with many things, but another common
complaint is that you never talk with the community, never post on
compiz.net, and rarely post here.

In the end, I think I'll let the statistics speak for themselves.  Most
people using compiz are using the community compiz tree, or packages
made from it.

I don't want there to be any animosity, but perhaps our ideas of the
direction for this project are simply too different.  If that is the
case then it would simply be in everyone's best interest to have an
amicable fork.