[compiz] Flat file backend (ini)

Mike Dransfield mike at blueroot.co.uk
Thu Apr 5 11:50:38 PDT 2007

Diogo Ferreira wrote:
> The current INI plugin seems to fail loading when there isn't a
> ~/.compiz dir. Since most users won't have it I believe it makes sense
> to mkdir it  before trying to mkdir the sub-options directory.
> I would have done it but since you use the get dir function a lot it
> would mean changing the structure a little and since it's your plugin
> I think you know best how to change it accordingly.

Ive been meaning to get some clarification on whether
or not I can rely on .compiz existing.  When I first wrote
the ini plugin, I though I could.

Its more a global directory so I do not create it, but I can
if its required.

Should I be creating this directory?  OR should it be the
responsibility of core to make sure this exists (it is defined
there)