[compiz] Multiplication of RGB with alpha in png plugin

Erkin Bahceci erkinbah at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 22:15:28 PST 2007

Hi,

The png plugin multiplies RGB components of the pixels with the alpha
component using the premultiplyData function. Because of this, we
always get dark textures when we load transparent png's. Removing
premultiplyData results in expected colors in the loaded texture. So I
was wondering why this multiplication is done. Is there any particular
case that requires this behavior? If not, can we remove the
multiplication? Otherwise can we somehow make it optional?

Regards,
Erkin