[compiz] A few more bugs...

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Tue Mar 6 11:42:28 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-07 at 01:56 +0100, Vasek Potocek wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found a couple bugs concerning my favourite Shade/Unshade function.
>
> 1) Sometimes the shaded window gets more space than it should and, of course, nobody takes care about it, so everything
> drawn on this space remains here. If I move a decorated window along, its shadow cummulates quickly to full black here.
> Unfortunately, I don't know any reliable way how to reproduce this. (But it seems that Mozilla Firefox & Thunderbird
> tend to show this quite often.)
> May these screenshots be of some help...
> http://kfe.fjfi.cvut.cz/~potocek/work/storage/shade.png
> http://kfe.fjfi.cvut.cz/~potocek/work/storage/shade2.png (after minimizing the shaded window)
> http://kfe.fjfi.cvut.cz/~potocek/work/storage/shade3.png (this have I found during typing this message)

Should be fixed, it was a minor issue in the new occlusion detection
code.

> 2) This one should be easily reproducible:
> - Shade one window (W1) on a viewport.
> - Click another window (W2) to move focus on it.
> - Unshade W1 by double-clicking its title bar.
> - Click W2 again - it gets focus, but graphically it still looks like W1 has it. Repeated clicking on W2 doesn't help.

Hm, I can't reproduce this but I fixed a shading focus issue just before
I read this and it might very well be related to this issue. Please try
again with the latest code and let me know if it's still broken.

> Sorry I have been always complaining, I don't mean it bad :-/

Of course not. Thanks for reporting these issues.

- David