[compiz] removing string restrictions

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Thu May 10 12:24:02 PDT 2007

We've previously discussed if we should add some sort of selection
option type and not use string options and string restrictions for that
purpose.

I don't think we need a new option type for this. The integer type
should do just fine. The attached patch changes the blur plugin's filter
option from string to integer type and adds the relevant metadata. I
suggest that we change all existing options that use string restrictions
in a similar way and remove the string restrictions completely.

Questions? Does it sounds OK?

- David