[compiz] removing string restrictions

David Reveman davidr at novell.com
Mon May 14 11:23:51 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-11 at 17:39 +0100, Mike Dransfield wrote:
> Dennis Kasprzyk wrote:

> >> I wanted the <desc> tag to look the same for every option type and not
> >> all option type values can be represented as strings. e.g. actions. All
> >> option values in the meta data are currently within tags, hence it makes
> >> sense to keep these values within tags as well.
> >>
> >> - David
> >>

> > Maybe you should provide some kind of final layout description (also for the
> > dependency rules), so that we can start to implement it. Getting everything
> > together from different mails is painfull.
> >

> Even just an example xml file with all the different option types
> and a quick comment for each tag would be useful.

Someone should start working on a document type definition and it makes
sense to have it maintained separately from the core. The core and the
plugins that wishes could use it to validate all meta data files when
running 'make check'.

> Explanation of why some tags have leading underscores would
> be nice too ;)

The underscores are not part of the XML style. They only tell intltool
that the contents of those tags should be translated and they will not
be present in the final .xml files.

- David