[compiz] state plugin

Kresimir Kukulj madmax at iskon.hr
Fri May 18 08:44:15 PDT 2007

Robert Carr wrote:
> The Compiz-scheme can function as a state plugin of sorts. It embeds
> the Guile interpreter for the Scheme language in to a Compiz plugin
> and provides bindings/hooks in to events.
>
> You can find it at http://gitweb.opencompositing.org
> (compcomm/plugins/compiz-scheme) it has an example startup file with
> commented snippets including state like usage and a few other
> documentation and tutorial files.
>
> As to porting the original state plugin, there isn't really any
> documentation on ... anything, though I think the winrules plugin
> (also at gitweb.opencompositing.org) does something similar.

Thanks for the info. I just looked at compiz-scheme and it seems to be
able to to what I want, but it may take me some time to figure scheme :)
Looks really nice :)

move-window window dx dy - Move window by dx and dy in the x and y
coordinates respectively.

move-window-to window pos-x pos-y - Move window window to pos-x and
pos-y. No checking is done for viewport bounds.

x,y are top left corner ? I may hardcode coordinates for each desktop.
Is there a way to know how big desktop is and how many sides my cube
plugin uses so I could divide that and get start coordinates of each
viewport ?

Also, is there a way to remove window decoration from a specific window
? Cant find it in you docs.

Kresimir Kukulj                      madmax at iskon.hr