[compiz] Release plans for Compiz 0.8.0

Kristian Lyngstol kristian at bohemians.org
Thu Feb 5 05:30:13 PST 2009

The Compiz 0.8.0 release will be the first release to include what was
formerly known as Compiz Fusion.

A complete feature and string freeze for Compiz 0.8 is in effect from
Friday 5th of February, 23:59 GMT. I urge anyone with patches to submit
them ASAP, regardless of their state.

During most of Saturday, possibly spilling into Sunday, Compiz 0.8 will be
branched and made ready for release. This includes cherry-picking from
master in the case of Core, which has been branched for some time.

After the 0.8 branch, the Compiz++ branch will be merged to master. At this
time, previously auto-merged repositories will no longer automatically
merge. Instead, submodules will be used for the next development cycle.
More information and documentation on how to use submodules and build the
new development version of Compiz will be made available this weekend.

Danny Baumann has agreed to do the actual tar-balls and release, as he has
done for the Compiz 0.7 development branch.

The Compiz 0.8 branch can be considered a release candidate for Compiz
0.8.0 sometime on Sunday, with a final release either next week, or early
the week after. I'll leave the details of this to Danny.

Please note that these plans are subject to change.

Regards,
Kristian