[CREATE] shared resources spec

Nicu Buculei nicu at nicubunu.ro
Thu Oct 6 00:21:17 PDT 2005

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Am 05.10.05, 14:28 -0700 schrieb Jon Phillips:
>

>>On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 15:52 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>

>>>1. Does everyone agree to have "art-supplies" as root directory for
>>>resources? It could be "create" instead, btw. It kinda confuses me
>>>that everyone is silent on this topic :)
>

> Jon: media

I don't think "media" is a proper term, /media is the place where USB
devices are mounted by a kernel using udev, so "media" make me think at
physical media, having two "media" directories on my computer each with
different meaning would be confusing

> Allan: create

"create" is to me a little too authoritative, like CREATE provides those
resources

> Why not shorten "art-supplies" to "art". It seems clear that no one stores
> art in such an /usr/... or ~/.* directory. It is much related to arts.

 From the proposals, I like the best "art"

--
nicu