[CREATE] shared resources spec

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Oct 6 01:06:50 PDT 2005

... end of brainstorm, lets criticise.

Am 06.10.05, 10:21 +0300 schrieb Nicu Buculei:

> Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> > Jon: media
>
> I don't think "media" is a proper term, /media is the place where USB devices
> are mounted by a kernel using udev, so "media" make me think at physical
> media, having two "media" directories on my computer each with different
> meaning would be confusing

agreed

> > Allan: create
> "create" is to me a little too authoritative, like CREATE provides those
> resources

Agreed about. Googling delivers a rock band creation facility. Not
that bad.  www.create.org is not useful too. Result: "create" is
meaningless for newbees.

> > Why not shorten "art-supplies" to "art". It seems clear that no one
> > stores art in such an /usr/... or ~/.* directory. It is much related to
> > arts.
>
> From the proposals, I like the best "art"

... end critique; brainstorming ...

Craigs subdirectory "supplies" suggestion sounds very reasonable, as
configuration can reside above "supplies" in whatever "art-supplies" will
be renamed.

regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
                                + development for color management