[CREATE] LGM 2009 update

Nathan Willis nwillis at glyphography.com
Wed Jan 28 13:43:05 PST 2009

I culled together a brief list of past sponsors based solely on the wiki
pages available from 2007 and 2006.  Were there any others?  I know the 07
list was unofficial and there wasn't one up for 08.

   - ATI
   - Canon
   - Epson
   - Google
   - HP
   - IBM
   - Intel
   - Xerox
   - Xara
   - O'Reilly
   - Eyrolles
   - FSF
   - Grafika
   - Société des arts technologiques (SAT)
   - CPE.fr
   - Aldil.org
   - Flock
   - GNOME
   - gnulinuxmag.com

I would add Nvidia to that list, possibly Logitech or Wacom, too --
depending on what the success rate was with the other hardware vendors.
Other suggestions?  The distros, perhaps?

Thanks,
Nate

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 3:35 PM, Louis Desjardins <
louis.desjardins at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/1/22 Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org>
>
>> I don't believe this is in order? You want to step up to plate on? Ill
>> help as well post draft, getting sponsors and all the press marketing stuff.
>>

> Great!
>
>>  Louis what do you think? We might setup a quick call about these things
>> to coordinate for max impact.
>>

> Absolutely! Plus, when possible, the faster we get the reactions from the
> various actors (us, in fact!!!), the better, to keep the momentum! So when
> an idea pops up, quick comments are welcomed.
>
> For the sponsors, we can set up a small team and coordinate the efforts.
> Plus, I believe we're going to need a Pledgie Campaign again this year.
> Let's put that together.
>
> How does that sound?
>
> Cheers!
>
> Louis
>
>> Jon
>>
>> On Jan 22, 2009 11:37 AM, "Nathan Willis" <nwillis at glyphography.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> A question on the press release process -- forgive me if I should already
>> know this, but is a Call For Participation in order?
>>
>> From the news sites' perspective, a specific press release like a CFP will
>> get 500% more attention than a broader "LGM is scheduled for these dates"
>> announcement.
>>
>> I know we're essentially dealing with the same set of projects each year,
>> but getting the word out via news sites and planets with something like a
>> CFP would help to attract sponsor attention in addition to attendees.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Nate
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Louis Desjardins <
>> louis.desjardins at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have updated the LGM wiki with the latest information.
>>>
>>> http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/Conference
>>>
>>> Please review and comment here on this list or post questions on the wiki
>>> when you feel we are missing info. From now on I will be online either on
>>> IRC #lgm, here on the list or on the wiki. I will try to be as quick to
>>> react as possible!
>>>
>>> We're going to hit the accelerator pedal. There is so much I can do on
>>> the local side. I need help on the sponsors/pledgie campaign and on the
>>> website, mainly.
>>>
>>> Each LGM team should not be shy to file the wiki with presentations
>>> proposals. Please note that even if we have an extra day, we have reduced
>>> the number of slots in order to increase the time allowed for team meetings.
>>>
>>> Have a look and get back here!
>>>
>>> Cheers!
>>>
>>> Louis
>>>
>>> --