[CREATE] [Fwd: Re: LGM 2010 web logistics]

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu May 28 04:12:00 PDT 2009

hi nate,

> Just a thought here regarding some of the logistical tasks of putting the
> event together.  Namely, talk proposals and attendee registration.  I know
> that most community-run events (by which I mean not underwritten and managed
> by a company) roll their own registration system.

you got it!

for the lgm 2008 i've written a small registration management system...

now, my question is: do you (or anybody else) miss anything in the last
year system, which would make it worth to look for an external one?

i would personally continue with the one i've set up (which grew with
lgm 2009 and will be consolidated for 2010)*, but i'm open to any
suggestions.
(not sure if a django based solution will be an option, though: we may
not have accesss to python on the server...)

> (not that LGM charges, of
> course, but who knows; it could be useful for the dinner or t-shirts).

not sure if the organisators and the attendees prefere online payments
to cash ones... we're all quite conservative...

ciao
a.l.e

* i plan to free the code i've written for the lgm site as a
  - text file based
  - low ressources
  - modular
  - extensible