[CREATE] [Fwd: Re: LGM 2010 web logistics]

Nathan Willis nwillis at glyphography.com
Thu May 28 05:34:24 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 6:12 AM, a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

>  you got it!
> for the lgm 2008 i've written a small registration management system...
> now, my question is: do you (or anybody else) miss anything in the last
> year system, which would make it worth to look for an external one?
> i would personally continue with the one i've set up (which grew with
> lgm 2009 and will be consolidated for 2010)*, but i'm open to any
> suggestions.
> (not sure if a django based solution will be an option, though: we may
> not have accesss to python on the server...)

Sure; I hope I didn't sound like I was knocking the existing registration
system -- my bigger interest was in the talk proposal management, I just
brought up both things since I was discussing both with Ilan.  Sorry if that
came across wrong.  I was curious about what other people thought of the
payment (not paypal-specific, of course) integration, I guess because if
attendees could pay for shirts and other things in advance, it might be
helpful from the fundraising angle.

nwillis at glyphography.com