[CREATE] Open Source Fashion Software Update

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Aug 22 06:13:35 PDT 2010

On 08/21/2010 10:13 PM, Susan Spencer wrote:
> Thank you Alexandre for the news story on inkscape.org
> <http://inkscape.org/>
>
> And Jon, a fashion show next LGM would be both excellent and goofy.
> 'goofy'= 'geeky' + ridiculous amounts of beer
>
> I'll develop some more men's designs, and and then jump ahead to create
> the website for user login, measurement input and storage, and listing
> of patterns  for custom svg or pdf download with instructions.  At some
> point I'll be able to handle special requests for patterns.  And be
> available to answer any questions about construction.
>
> Eventually I'll have to develop the extensions, icons, toolbar, help
> files, and interface so that designs can be developed by other users,
> and they can post their designs on the website, too.  It's the design
> that requires the 'old ways' and is not so well known.
>
> But anyone is welcome to download the current files.  If they can read
> my clunky code, they can change the extensions to draw what they want.

It will be interesting to see where this goes, and interesting to see
who might pick up on this and adapt it to some other situation where
they are applying 2-dimensional materials onto a 3-dimensional
framework. In that sense, it's reminiscent of the presentations at LGM
2009, where there were projections of images onto variably shaped surfaces.

Greg