[CREATE] Questions and reflections about gradients

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Nov 4 05:56:26 PDT 2010

On 11/03/2010 08:34 PM, Sven Langkamp wrote:
Nothing was seen to suggest a significant neuropathic process in the
right upper extremity.>
> The main difference of the segmented gradients is that can have
> different interpolations per segment. There are interpolations like
> sinus and color interpolations like HSV. Of course in probably 99% of
> the cases just linear is used. For the application it doesn't really
> matter if the gradient comes as stop or segment gradient. In Krita we
> can use can use both types and for Karbon we convert Gimp gradients to
> stop gradients (with potential loss of some features).

I think that stops or endpoints, then having the interpolation being a
family of mathematical interpretations gives the most flexibility. It is
good here not to be trapped by what others are doing or what has been
done before. I could imagine that 3rd or 4th order polynomial equations
as the basis for the interpolation could produce some interesting
results, not mention some Mandelbrot-like equations.

Greg