[CREATE] Translation of LG magazine and other simple ways to get involved in design with free software

ricardo lafuente bollecs at sollec.org
Fri Sep 10 08:08:38 PDT 2010

Hi Lila,

On 09/10/2010 12:54 AM, Lila Pagola wrote:
> One I could imagine right now is invite them to get involved in the
> translation of some material, such us FLoss Manuals, but also the LG
> magazine. Language is a kind of effective barrier for participating
> for design students here...

This is a great goal!

I'd suggest going with FLOSS Manuals, since at the moment it's the FLOSS
documentation project that has most visibility (that i'm aware of).

Regarding the magazine, we're about to send out the call for
contributions, so i'm supposing that given your timeframe (next week?),
we sadly won't have finished material by the time you want to have the
workshops.

However, i hope there's still initiative for translation efforts once we
have the texts ready. Especially considering print-on-demand, it's
feasible to have individual versions of the magazine for each language.
We'd be happy to consider this possibility in case there's an effort to
push the translations through.

:r