[CREATE] LGM2011 Launch Timings + pledgie drive

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 06:50:54 PST 2011

2011/2/15 Nathan Willis <nwillis at glyphography.com>

> On 02/12/2011 06:32 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> > On 02/12/2011 06:45 AM, Femke Snelting wrote:
> >>
> >> Not sure about needing less talks, but in favour of having a few
> >> well-prepared, moderated panels :-)
> >
> > +1
> > I would emphasize _well-prepared_. Better to have only one or just a
> > few as long as they can be "guaranteed" (disclaimer: nothing can be
> > guaranteed) to be top-notch. Keep the audience in mind.
> >
> I think "keeping the audience in mind" means if we can only come up with
> one or two topics worthy of panel discussion, we don't set up multiple
> panels just 'cause we can....  So are there concepts we can nail down?
> If so, I'd suggest we want to get those in order *before* opening up the
> call for individual submissions....

A panel on color should draw lots of attention. Color spaces, color
profiles, inks, color separation, papers. Experts from the graphic industry
would be invited. — I can take this one.

On this path, we would also meet with Pantone people, who I believe could be
interesting having at LGM (not the salespersons). To make that fully
interesting to them too, we could organise a meeting between Pantone and a
few Licence people from the community. Sorting out the licence issue could
help everyone working with F/LOSS and spot colors, to the benefit of both.
At least open the dialog.

Louis