[CREATE] Inkscape questions

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Mon Jun 20 04:39:17 PDT 2011

On Monday 20 June 2011, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Am 20.06.2011 08:56, schrieb Alexandre Prokoudine:
> > On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Yuval Levy wrote:
> >> The other thing about this, and the reason why I place it at the create
> >> level: scaling and rotating of bitmaps seems to me like an operation
> >> common to many tools.  Wouldn't it make sense to have a single, shared
> >> library for that, so that advances in technology benefits everybody
> >> automatically?
> >
> > You mean GEGL?
>
> OpenGTL might be a even better fit.
It is a bit off topic, but seems to me that neither are good fit. I am also
sceptical that such algorithms can be implemented in such a neutral way that
they could be used across projects.

However, it would be really nice to have well documented scaling/rotating
algorithms with reference implementations. Especially considering how difficult
they are to get it right.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott