[CREATE] Inkscape questions

Yuval Levy create07 at sfina.com
Mon Jun 20 16:08:57 PDT 2011

On June 20, 2011 02:56:12 AM Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> a team worked on triaging
> right after importing reports from SF tracker. We let things rot after
> that due to lack of active contributors. ~suv and Nicolas Dufour do a
> great job, but they are mostly on their tod.

Thank you for isolating the problem.  So an inflow in excess of the processing
capacity jammed the flow.

Have you considering letting untouched bugs expire?

Where do your contributions and contributors come from?

Contributions at Hugin:
* new features are about 50%-50% (GSoC vs. users)
* bug fixes are more 20%-80%

In terms of people I don't have exact number but estimate that about 80% of
those who have put their hand into the code in the past four year are GSoCers,
however this does not tell the whole story.  Within the 20% non-GSoCers are
the very few key contributors who have been consistently active.

What is your "stickiness statistics", i.e. how many of your GSoC students have
stuck around and continued to contribute:
- in the first year after GSoC?
- during their studies?
- after they left university?

Did you keep in touch with all of them?  how?

What kind of contribution did they make:
- maintained their features / code?
- developed / added new features?
- overall bug fixing?
- mentoring of other new contributors (including newer generations of GSoC
students)?
- bug triaging?
- other non-code contributions?

What is your "stickiness statistiscs" for non-GSoC contributors?

Have you done something to actively recruit and build up the next generation
of maintainers, or did you just find yourself in the situation where the old
generation left and you were not ready for it?

Yuv