[CREATE] Fw: Please Read! --> [Approved] 7 annual Libre Graphics Meeting

Jakub Jankiewicz jcubic at onet.pl
Wed Feb 15 08:03:07 PST 2012

I submit LGM to the list of conferences on interaction-design.org, you
should put link and a logo on LGM site.

Keep CC so they will know your response.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 15 Feb 2012 14:58:44 -0000
From: Mads Soegaard - Interaction-Design.org
<mads at interaction-design.org> To: jcubic at onet.pl
Subject: Please Read! --> [Approved]  7 annual Libre Graphics Meeting

Dear Jakub Jankiewicz,

Congratulations! The Editorial Board has found your conference highly
interesting and approved it. We normally reject 80% of submissions.

----------- Is this service free? -----------

That's up to you! You have 3 options:

--- Option 1 ---
Get the listing for *free* by adding a link to us. It's like writing a
research paper: If you use someone's work, you cite them :-)

Here is how other major conferences have done:
- http://www.icidconference.com/ - Front page of Intl.Conf.on IxD
- http://www.ht2011.org/ - Front page of the ACM Hypertext Conference
- http://ecce2011.eace.net/ - Front page of the European Conference on
Cognitive Ergonomics
- Other conferences like HCI International, EuroITV, and many more list
us as 'Sponsor' or 'Media Partner'

Here is our logo:
http://www.interaction-design.org/about/logo.html

--- Option 2 ---
Donate 950 USD to support our Open Access initiatives

--- Option 3 ---
Delete the listing

------------- What you get in return -------------

1. Simply put, we will give you more conference attendees and
participation. Details:

2. Your event will be available to our 97,433 monthly visitors (press
shift-reload in your browser):
http://www.interaction-design.org/calendar/

3. Your event will be added:
- directly to the personal calendars of our 4257 iCalendar subscribers
who are regular conference goers
- to the Calendar RSS Feed with 2134 subscribers
See http://www.interaction-design.org/calendar/import_our_calendar.html

4. Your event will appear on multiple sites: Our calendar is currently
the most widely used conference calendar in the areas of User
Experience, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Usability,
and the like. Its calendar data is used on many sites, e.g. British
Computer Society, through our ICAL/ICS/RSS interfaces.

5. A couple of weeks before your event, it will be listed on all
131,107 pages on our site, giving it a further massive exposure.
Example (see the right column):
http://interaction-design.org/encyclopedia/user_experience_and_experience_design.html#calendarPreview

6. Your conference will get a significantly higher position in Google,
Yahoo, and Bing because of our high Pagerank (we're 10 years old and
16,327 websites link to us). This will increase the traffic to your
conference website from search engines.

7. Your conference will appear on the world map (after we've found the
GPS location of "Vienna, Austria"):
http://www.interaction-design.org/calendar/map.html

8. Your conference will appear in the print-out version on
http://www.interaction-design.org/calendar/printerfriendly.html

9. If you have added deadlines to your conference, they will now appear
on http://www.interaction-design.org/calendar/approaching_deadlines.html

10. You can change/update deadlines at all times at:
http://www.interaction-design.org/calendar/7_annual_libre_graphics_meeting.html
When you update deadlines they will be automatically updated in the
calendars of our ICAL subscribers and RSS subscribers. Our subscribers
rely on you to keep deadlines up to date!

11. Based on your conference data, we have generated a Javascript that
will let your visitors:
- add your conference to their private calendar in only one click
- announce your conference through social media like Facebook and
Twitter You can install it in 30 seconds. Instructions:
http://www.interaction-design.org/show_calendar_on_your_website.html?event=1122

--

Best regards from Denmark,

Mads Soegaard, Editor-in-Chief
Interaction-Design.org

Please spend 7 seconds helping our Open Content efforts: Share a link
to Interaction-Design.org with your friends (e.g. on Facebook, Twitter,
Digg, etc)

Address: Chr. Molbechs Vej 4, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Mobile : +45 2629 5505
Web :
http://www.interaction-design.org/references/authors/mads_soegaard.html

Jakub Jankiewicz