test suite failure - more detail ...

Olivier Andrieu oliv__a at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 13 22:10:39 EST 2004

 Havoc Pennington <hp at redhat.com> [Mon, 12 Apr 2004 20:41:38 -0400]:
 > On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 10:09, Michael Meeks wrote:
 > > 	So - the root cause us ':1.1' != 'org....'; so I know not what the
 > > correct solution is; either
 >
 > Oh, crap. Yeah I remember this problem, I guess I didn't realize the
 > tests were failing because of it though.
 >
 > >From the code:
 > /**
 >  * DBusGProxyManager's primary task is to route signals to the proxies
 >  * those signals are emitted on. In order to do this it also has to
 >  * track the owners of the services proxies are bound to.
 >  */
 >
 > Basically the client should know the org.whatever -> :1.1 mapping.
 >
 > See also the docs for dbus_gproxy_new_for_service() (binds to a given
 > service even as the owners change) and
 > dbus_gproxy_new_for_service_owner() (binds to a :1.1 i.e. specific app
 > instance).

Yes, except dbus_gproxy_new_for_service_owner doesn't do anything
right now and I'n not sure how it should be implemented. The
documentation mentions "making a round-trip request to the message bus
to get the current service owner" ; but what message should the client
send ? shouldn't there be some standardized message for this ?

--
   Olivier