Glib interface: dbus_g_object_type_install_info()

Claessens Xavier x_claessens at
Mon Nov 7 10:46:14 PST 2005

On lun, 2005-11-07 at 18:12 +0100, Claessens Xavier wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm writing a plugin which uses DBUS. At initialisation I call
> dbus_g_object_type_install_info(...,&dbus_glib_remote_object_object_info)
> But when unloading the plugin (via dlclose)
> dbus_glib_remote_object_object_info become unvalide and cause GLib to
> crash.
> So i'm looking for something like dbus_g_object_type_uninstall_info()
> which I call before dlclose(). How can I do that ?
> Thanks,
> Xavier Claessens.

I see in D-BUS code:

  g_type_set_qdata (object_type,
		    dbus_g_object_type_dbus_metadata_quark (),
		    (gpointer) info);

The problem is that info can become invalide when do the dlclode(). How
can I unset the 'info' data before invalidate it ? That's more a GLib
question than a dbus one, I know...