cross compilation problems
Dave.Plauger at Sun.COM
Sun Oct 9 08:32:51 PDT 2005
I need to cross compile for an embedded system, and had some problems. I'm up and running OK, but I
thought I'd show you my work-arounds, hoping for a real fix someday. Thanks. See attached file.
Also, test/data/valid-config-files/session.conf and system.conf are generated files, and should not
be in the tarball.
Here are some of my thoughts:
1) I need only a system daemon in my embedded system
2) abstract sockets are OK for this case
3) would like to have placement option in the config for system.conf
e.g.: put system.conf in /etc, put pid file in /var
4) like to use auto start feature with system daemon
It's easier to let dbus-daemon start up services on demand (system init)
If a service crashes or exits, it can come back (robustness)
5) We use the C binding only, dont have much space in flash/ram
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5095 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/attachments/20051009/84c2fbdb/CrossCompileFix.tar.bin
More information about the dbus