DBus & Python

Robert Rawlins robert_rawlins at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 2 09:17:23 PDT 2007

Hello Guys,

I'm trying to use Dbus to work with the bluez API and i've been having all sorts of problems getting it up and running. I've tried reinstalling Python, Dbus, DBus-gLib and Dbus-Python a few times this morning on my slackware box with a bunch of different results. Some of the error messages we've been getting are:

Pyhton - ImportError: No module named dbus

or

Introspect error: The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service filesTraceback (most recent call last):  File "test.py", line 6, in ?    obj = bus.get_object('org.bluez', manager.DefaultAdapter())  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 25, in __call__    ret = self._proxy_method (*args, **keywords)  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 102, in __call__    reply_message = self._connection.send_with_reply_and_block(message, timeout)  File "dbus_bindings.pyx", line 455, in dbus_bindings.Connection.send_with_reply_and_blockdbus_bindings.DBusException: The name org.bluez was not provided by any .service files

or

/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/exceptions.py:8: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module _dbus_bindings: This Python has API version 1013, module _dbus_bindings has version 1012.  import _dbus_bindingsTraceback (most recent call last):  File "test.py", line 3, in <module>    bus = dbus.SystemBus();  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py", line 652, in __new__    private=private)  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py", line 293, in __new__    mainloop=mainloop)dbus.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoServer: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing me all these issues? I would be appreciative if someone could give me a list of all the programs i should be installing, and what order they should be installed in.

Thanks chaps,

Rob