Problem with dbus_connection_register_object_path() and Python wrappers

Lauro lauromoura at
Thu Apr 5 08:20:16 PDT 2007

On 4/4/07, Lauro <lauromoura at> wrote:
> On 4/4/07, Thiago Macieira <thiago at> wrote:
> > Lauro wrote:
> > >the handler isn't called when those signals are sent.
> >
> > It's the correct behaviour. Signals can only be received through the
> > message filter callback.
> >
> Thanks for you answer Thiago, but what I mean is that it's the same
> library, and this handler is registered inside this library by a
> private function, not by an api call. The only difference is when
> using the python wrapper register_object_path doesn't return an error
> but when the signal is sent, the handler isn't called. Using a simple
> C program this doesn't happen.
> So, the wrapper doesn't touch any dbus thing, just calls the library
> and everything happens "under the hood".

Just a quick update: I modified the library to use a g_proxy object
and register the handler using connect_signal. Again, the C test
program works fine but using the python wrapper (wich I didn't modify)
the handler isn't called.

Lauro ("lmoura" on Freenode)