Various more changes to dbus-python

John (J5) Palmieri johnp at redhat.com
Wed Jan 10 09:31:27 PST 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 13:31 +0000, Simon McVittie wrote:
> As well as the patch to support switching off introspection in
> get_object and get_object_by_unique_name (thanks Ulisses),

It all looks good except this get_object_by_unique_name method.  Why
can't we just use get_object and look at the input to determine if it is
a unique name?  There actually shouldn't be any difference between
requesting a unique name and regular name.  The only restriction on
unique names is that they must be assigned by the bus and not requested
by the client (i.e. you can not call RequestName on a unique name).