win32 patch dbus_watch_get_handle patch

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Sun Jun 17 05:01:06 PDT 2007

Havoc Pennington schrieb:
>> Then i suggest to define a new functions  dbus_watch_get_unix_fd()
>> beside the given one and mark dbus_watch_get_fd() as deprecated.
>
> This would be worth considering, but let's do it in a separate patch
> after we sort out the rest of the changes to DBusWatch.

I had it already ready as I prepared the last mail and here is it. :- )

Please note that doxygen has also deprecated support using the
@deprecated  command. It will prints an deprecated section in the
related doc. If you adds the following line to the related function:

/*
@deprecated use dbus_watch_get_socket() instead
*/
int dbus_watch_get_fd      (       DBusWatch *        watch       )

the result is shown as:

int dbus_watch_get_fd      (       DBusWatch *        watch       )

Gets the file descriptor that should be watched.

On Windows, this will be a socket. On UNIX right now it will be a socket
but in principle it could be something else.

Parameters:
        watch     the DBusWatch object.

Returns:
    the file descriptor to watch.

Deprecated:
    use dbus_watch_get_socket() instead

Definition at line 494 of file dbus-watch.c.

References fd.

Referenced by _dbus_transport_handle_watch(),
_dbus_watch_list_add_watch(), _dbus_watch_list_remove_watch(),
_dbus_watch_list_set_functions(), _dbus_watch_list_toggle_watch(), and
dbus_watch_set_data().

Ralf