Error running DBUS on ARM

Shilpa Sheoran sheoran.shilpa at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 19:04:45 PST 2007

All,
  I managed to compile DBUS, GLIB and its associated dependencies like
libxml2, expat
for arm but I am running into a strange error.

It seems that all the Path's have gotten hardcoded in the program.

The files generated after cross compiling DBUS are
 arm-linux-dbus-launch*   dbus-daemon*   . arm-linux-dbus-monitor*
arm-linux-dbus-binding-tool*     arm-linux-dbus-send*
arm-linux-dbus-cleanup-sockets*  arm-linux-dbus-uuidgen*

1.  Trying to launch dbus-daemon

arm-linux-dbus-launch --config-file=/root/session.conf

Error:
Failed to execute message bus daemon
/home/shilpa/dbus-arm/install/bin/dbus-daemon: No such file or
directory.  Will try aga
in without full path.
Could not get password database information for UID of current
process: User "???" unknown or no memory to allocate password
 entry

Failed to start message bus: Memory allocation failure in message bus
EOF in dbus-launch reading address from bus daemon

****PROBLEM********:
It is looking for dbus-daemon in my Local machine where I compiled it.
 /home/shilpa/dbus-arm/install/bin/dbus-daemon  is on my host machine.

Why does it not find it in the current dir on the target?

2. When I run dbus-daemon I get this error

cdma-linux # dbus-daemon --config-file=/mnt/import/export/system.conf

Failed to start message bus: Failed to bind socket
"/home/w40376/dbus/install/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket": No such
file
or directory

****PROBLEM********:
It is looking for system_bus_socket in my Local machine where I compiled it.
 /home/w40376/dbus/install/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket  is on my
local  host machine.

Why does it not find it  on the target?

3. dbus-daemon --config-file=/root/session.conf --print-address

Could not get password database information for UID of current
process: User "???" unknown or no memory to allocate password
 entry

Failed to start message bus: Memory allocation failure in message bus

How can I get it to run?

Thanks
Shilpa