winDBus authentication stage

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Fri Mar 2 12:46:26 PST 2007

Ralf Habacker wrote:
> 1. Adding Makefile.am like cmake relates build system definitions. We
> have placed all into one additional directory named cmake to avoid
> pollution of other source dir. See
> http://windbus.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/windbus/trunk/cmake/

Adding a cmake dir that doesn't affect any existing files is fine with me.

> 2. Add windows only files to dbus cvs -> see *-win.* in
> http://windbus.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/windbus/trunk/dbus/
> http://windbus.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/windbus/trunk/bus

I think this is pretty pointless without 3) that uses these files, no?

> 3. Merge in patches of files in dbus cvs -> this is probably the hardest
> part because they may partiala not be conform to dbus programming rules
>> see
> http://windbus.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/windbus/trunk/DBus-win32.patch?revision=568&view=markup

afaik I have commented on a lot of these patches and have not seen new
versions incorporating the comments...

I don't want to include the patches until they are doing everything
basically in the right, clean way. They don't have to be bug-free, but I
don't want to include them while major work remains. Because if nobody
is doing the work *before* inclusion, I don't expect anyone to do it
*after*, but after inclusion it will in some sense be the dbus
maintainers' problem.

If you've changed previously-submitted patches and want me or others to
look at them again, it would be helpful to post the newest version along
with a link to the previous version and any list/bugzilla discussion of
the previous version.