KDE using /usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 11:29:21 PDT 2007

Hi,

David Zeuthen wrote:
> As we haven't settled on this yet [1] could the KDE people please
> refrain from using this directory and instead move their files somewhere
> else until we have figured out how to do this properly?

It may be all we're missing here is writing in the spec that
dbus-1/interfaces in XDG base dirs will contain files named
interfacename.xml; inside each file is that interface only, in the
introspection format; the files are to be used for generating static
language bindings for the interface, but for runtime purposes the
dynamic Introspect() call is preferred. Or something like that, whatever
the details are.