building dbus and its configure options

Fritz Code codefritz at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 22 01:41:49 PDT 2008

Hi,

building d-bus (1.2.1) I specify a prefix where the software should be
installed.
Unfortunately this setting is also delegated to all paths dbus uses during
runtime on my target system.
e,g, the pid file, the service files, configuration and socket files they
are all perpended with the path of prefix.

I have to build a very light weight version of dbus. ./configure --help told
me some options.
But how can I e.g. disable all bindings?
I only need the low-level C API.
The only option I found so far in order to make dbus small was --with-X=no,
are there any others?
Nevertheless the lib is still almost 1 MB.

Thansk

--
Regards,
--Codefritz