An Interface for the communication between Web Services and the D-Bus system

Fire in Korea fire at eslteacherlink.co.kr
Mon Jun 2 00:40:12 PDT 2008

Hi Thomas! I am very intersted in your project - because recently, I created
a Bot in Secondlife which can be controlled via web services... thus, having
dbus exposed to webservices and communicating with them can be very useful!
However, I havent been able to get dbus working properly on my web server.

Thanks for this submission

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 2:47 AM, thomas <dbus at phmali.de> wrote:

> Hello to everyone,
>
> in addition to my diploma thesis I wrote an interface for the
> communication between web services and the D-Bus system. So a D-Bus
> client can request to a web service and a web service client can request
> to a D-Bus service.
> For example if you have a local write application with no own spell
> checker but with an interface to a local spell checker D-Bus service
> then you can use the interface to use an web service spell checker (this
> is maybe more up-to-date) instead of the local one without changing
> anything at your write application. Or an other example is that you have
> a local D-Bus service to write notices on your desktop (tomboy for
> example) and you are not on your computer but you want to write a
> notice(maybe your are on business and if you come home you look at your
> computer for todays todos) then you can use the D-Bus service as a web
> service and write a notice to your desktop over the internet. Therefor I
> write an interface. Everyone who is interested in can download the
> source code (including tests examples and readme) from
> http://dbus.phmali.de/webdbus.tar.gz
> Please give me feedback. What is your opinion to such an interface.
>
> Thank you
>
> Thomas

Paul Preibisch
Creative Director